Sunday, October 03, 2004

Yes, I'm a New Fish

Oh, I can hear the saliva dripping from some of the more established bloggers now. "A new fish!! Oh boy!!"

Well, maybe not. First I have to start playing with real money, then you have to find me.

I have learned so much during the last three months just playing with play money at Yahoo and Party. Yes, I here bloggers snickering. Here is what I have learned so far:
1. You need to set limits. This means in money you bring to the table. How much you are comfortable losing in a session. How much time you have to spend on a session.
2. You need to learn to stick with playing good starting hands. Even if everyone else at the table does not... Especially if everyone else at the table does not.
3. You need to adjust your play to the table you are playing. You play a tight table different from a loose table. You play a passive table different from an aggressive table.
4. You need to learn to read the other players at the table. See where the calling stations are. See which idiot raises no matter what he/she is holding. See which player only raises when they have the nuts.

I have learned even more that this so far, but it is late and I have other duties to attend to this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home