Monday, November 15, 2010

Book: All In

I finished All In by Jonathan Grotenstein and Storms Reback a couple of days ago.  This book's subtitle is "The (Almost) True Story of The World Series of Poker".  Overall a good read.  Well written and plenty of interviews with interesting people.

It is interesting to note that there were no records of the finishes for the WSOP before the 1980's.  I guess the Binions and their Texas poker playing friends liked it that way.

The book flowed well (unlike most of my posts).  There was not much strategy discussed although it was interesting that they broke up the book chronologically  by playing styles - Texas Road Players, Mayfair Players, Computer Whizzes, and Online Amateurs.

If you are at all fascinated with poker, this is a good book to read.  Go, buy it here.  Christmas is almost around the corner.  Or you can do as I did and see if your local library has the book.  (I am sure poker authors around the world will be happy when I get a job and can pay for their books.  Maybe they will find me a job.)

Enjoy the Pokery Goodness.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home