Friday, September 10, 2010

Chip Off the Old Block

Last night my 8 year old son sweated me while I played a one table SnG online last night.  It was for chips and not money.  He made most of the decisions, I explained the board to him and he would decide what I should do.  We actually made it to the 1 hour break in a close 3rd place.  Then we flirted with the chip lead and one of the other two players took out the other.  We were in a close second.  We battled back and forth for a good 10 minutes.

Then we saw AJ spades in the big blind and called.  We bet, the other player raised and we went all in.  The other player had KTo and spiked a 10 on the river.  I don't look at it as a bad beat.  I look at it as a valuable lesson for my son.  We can only control the things we have control over.  We got our chips in when the odds were in our favor, but poker as in life there are no guarantees.

Enjoy the Pokery Goodness!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home