Sunday, November 21, 2010

Book: Phil Gordon's Little Blue Book

Phil Gordon, poker pro, man about town, and friend to poker bloggers wrote a series of books.  So far I have read two of them.  This is what I had to say about the first one I read.

I liked Little Blue Book because he went through hands and explained what he did and why.  Although it is a bit much to read straight through.  I know I will go back to this book and study up when I have questions. 

I don't know how this book will affect the way I play poker, but considering my level of play this book certainly can't hurt it.

Go here to buy the book.  But if you are a cash poor unemployed poker player like me, check your local library.

Enjoy the Pokery Goodness!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Mon Nov 22, 06:20:00 PM 2010, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't imagine Phil Gordon's advice being any good in 2010!

 
At Mon Nov 22, 10:03:00 PM 2010, Blogger mortal_one said...

Well for someone who hasn't read too much on poker, it helps a bit. I am not wanting to model my game after his.

I found it a good exercise to try and think through the hands before reading his thoughts on the hand and compare. I disagreed with the way he played several hands. He admits that he did not play all these hands correctly. And encourages you to question.

I think what I got most out of the book is to constantly question how you play. Always look to see if there is a better way to play.

I haven't yet played live and so this was a way for me to think through how to play. I have a feeling that the locals will be knocking each other over to get at my chips when I do go play.

Thanks for the comment James!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home