Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Stuff Going On

I have so much going on in my head at the moment.  My poker play at this time is meh.  I am unemployed, with a family.  My house is starting to fall apart.

It seems at times that I can to nothing right.  I tailor my resumes and cover letters to sell myself properly for each job I have applied for.  The jobs where I have interviewed, I thought I did a great job in selling myself.  The interviewers seemed enthusiastic about my chances.  I sent either a follow up note or email thanking them for the interview, their time, and that I hoped I would hear from them soon.

I know how the interview process works, I either helped hire or hired people myself in three of my former jobs.

And then I do hear from them.  We are sorry.  We were looking for someone with [more experience/less experience].  (Then comes my favorite...)  We will keep your resume/application on file and keep you in mind for any new position that becomes available.   I have not heard from them even though I have applied with the same companies since the initial job application.

It is just so discouraging.  I am a good, hard worker.  I am loyal to a company that shows me loyalty.  I have had 3 jobs post college - one 7+ years, one 10+ years and one 2+ years.  The job of 2+ years was convenience retail and two years is a lifetime.

I have had the good fortune in these jobs, to do many things, open and manage a bookstore, troubleshoot computer and credit card problems over the phone, write technical and troubleshooting guides, train new helpdesk personnel, write software, create reports using reporting software, use SQL to datamine information, and fix broken slurpee machines.

I have a proven track record of success and yet no one will hire me.  Didn't someone once say something like the definition of insanity is to continue to do the same things expecting a different outcome?  Well, I guess I will be insane until I get a job. (Thanks for the job climate Bush/Obama.) If you have any suggestions, or better yet, a job offer let me know.

OK, you have suffered enough.  Go Enjoy the Pokery Goodness!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home