Saturday, March 25, 2006

Where the HELL have I Been?

This is the question on the minds of the 3 readers I have left (and two of them are sending me offers for linking).

Well... Has it really been over two months? I have been soooooo buried with work. We are converting from one database to another, and changing reporting software at the same time. Not to bore you with the details, but I now KNOW two different ticketing systems inside and out as well as two different reporting packages. And we aren't finished yet.

On to actual poker-blog poker content.

Last weekend I was on FTP and played 3 NL SnGs in addition to my usual play money practice. Yes, I actually shelled out money to play in these SnGs. I played in and finished out of the money on 2 5+.50 SnGs. Not bad, 6th in one and 4th in the other. I did not lay down my hand when I knew I should have in both of them. In the last SnG (4+.40) I finished first!! Of course I did not win cash. But I have a 26 dollar satellite token. So I will be able to lose it at the time of my choosing.

I think the reason I won that last SnG was because I played agressively, but not stupidly. Or at least not too stupidly. Almost every time I went to showdown, I had the best cards. I won all of the times I went all in (twice). And I only sucked out once.

I got the chip lead early, lost the chip lead, then slowly worked my way back to the chip lead. Once it was head to head, I waited for my cards. The other guy wanted to play every hand, but I wasn't going for it.

One thing I really noticed in this SnG was the power of the big stack. It still amazes me how they would fold to a substantial bet while holding cards that were a lot better than mine.

Hopefully I will be able to squeeze out a post or two more often than once every two months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home