Monday, December 12, 2005

Playing the Player

I think at this point one of my strongest abilities while playing online is to remember betting patterns of other players. I don't always start with the right cards. I don't always bet the way I should. But if one of the players at the table makes a bet, raise, or check in situations where they normally don't, I know exactly what to do. I just know, when I can bluff someone off the pot, when I need to fold to a higher set, when I have the nuts and can make the other player pay off.

I am not saying that I can do this all the time. I can do it enough at this point to continue winning sessions (with play money) so I can learn how to play correctly. And playing correctly given each situation presented you is the only (supposed) guarantee to becoming a long-term winning player.

This weekend was a non-poker weekend for me (unlike a sizable portion of the poker blogging community). I attended a wedding, and drove the family to my mother-in-law's house. The kids are going to stay with Grandma for a week. Mrs. _one and I will have our first full week alone in about 5 years. Of course we still both have to work.

Hopefully, I can sneak in a session or two of poker this week, but I am not counting on it.

Enjoy the Pokery Goodness and read the Vegas trip reports this week from most of the bloggers listed on the right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home