Sunday, April 02, 2006

Rememeber the Titan(s)

On and off during the last week, I have been trying to get Titan Poker's (notice lack of link) software to work on my Win2000 laptop. I can download the software fine, though it takes a while on dial-up. I can install the software fine even though it puts shortcut everywhere without asking.

My problem has been getting it to run properly. Maybe there is something I am missing.

The first time I tried to run the software, I got the interface to come up. Then a login popup came up and when I clicked on create account, the software would 'think' for about 2 minutes, then the login popup would disappear and the interface would go blank.

After contacting support, (Seems like good support by the way) I was told to uninstall and reinstall the software. Fine that seems normal. But the next suggestion is something I did not and will not do. They suggested opening up a series of ports in my firewall!?!

Sorry, but I do not think that opening my firewall is a smart thing to do just to play poker. I haven't had to do that for the other poker software installed on my machine.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software (I even downloaded a new copy). This time it allowed me to create an account. When I ran the software and tried to login I again had problems. I tried this twice last night and once this morning. Same results all three times. The login popup says it is trying to login, but never gets there. I let it sit one time for 5 minute, one time for 10 minutes, and the last time for 30 minutes. Result: I have not been able to login to Titan.

I will try them again in about 6 months. Hopefully they will get it right sometime soon and I will be able to donate to the local sharks at that time. Until then, there are plenty of other places to play poker.

Enjoy the Pokery Goodness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home