Saturday, July 05, 2008

SnG Success?

Last week I got to play in some 90 seat SnGs at FTP - play money of course at this point. Over three days, I played 10 of them. Yeah, I know, it ain't many, but what can I do on a 14.4 connection. Well anyway, I didn't do too badly. I finished 3rd in one and 1st in two others.

I didn't crush the competition. I just waited out the all-in monkeys, played hands I could win and tried to find reasons to fold. My favorite hand from during these tournaments was when I had KK and the flop came KK2 rainbow. I had limped in UTG and with this flop, I checked. I knew the other two still in the hand would make a play for it and they did. One for a substantial raise and the other called. I waited and then called. The river came with another rainbow card - a 7. I again checked to show my "weakness" and the other two raised and reraised. I again "reluctantly" called.
When the river came with an Ace, I knew it was time to wake up. I checked, the other two raised and reraised trying to bluff each other and me. When it came back to me, I re-reraised all in. the other two thought I was was stupidly trying to steal the pot and insta-called me. They were not too happy to go home when they saw my quad-kings, but that is the way it is sometimes.

So in three days, I am up about 16000 play chips. Not bad. Not great. I think I will play these some more until I can get a little better and build up my chips, then go up to the higher buy-in SnGs and see how much better they play there. Probably not too much better as it is still play chips, but who knows.

Yes, the WSOP is in full gear at this point. And you know, I am not following it too closely this year. I think my level of poker interest has leveled off a bit. I am not following things as ravenously as I used to. I still love poker quite a bit. I just wish I could find a game in the Martinsburg area that did not involve 420. Oh well, I guess I will continue to play for play chips online for the time being.

Enjoy the Pokery Goodness!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home