Saturday, October 30, 2010

Gone Fishin'

I finished reading Jay Greenspan's book, "Hunting Fish: A Cross-Country Search for America's Worst Poker Players" published in 2006 by St. Martin's Press.  I remember the buzz in the poker blogging community at the time.  Just about everyone thought it was a +ev idea.  I also remember the ribbing going on between the Author and the fine folks at Pokerati.

I would have picked up the book earlier, but at the time I was unemployed (I have since been employed and am now unemployed again.  Hire me.) and could not scrape up enough money for such luxuries. When I had my job, I needed my paychecks to cover necessities.

I broke down and went to the Library.  Sorry Jay, no royalty from me.  I owe you.  The book, while vaguely informative, was thoroughly entertaining.  And in some places it is scary how much alike a guy from New York and a guy from West Virginia think alike.  Heh.  Take that however you wish.

So give Jay some love, go buy his book.  I know I will once I get a job and my finances have stabilized.

Enjoy the Pokery Goodness!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home