Saturday, April 08, 2006

Ba-Donk-A-Donk

This past week, I played two sessions online. One play money, the other real money. I donked off quite a bit to the local "card-sharps" in both sessions. I think the play money session bothered me the most because I was not trying to lose.

In other poker happenings, 3 Pros went to DC this week to persuade congress not to pass tough legislation against online gambling. Yeah, I was going to attempt a bad "can't out-bluff-a-politician" joke, but those have been done to death.

Just because Antigua gets up in our face at the WTO because an American citizen runs a gambling site from there (He came back to the US to visit and was arrested and convicted), doesn't mean we have to make all of it illegal. I would think the other way - legalizing it - would be the best ploy. Than would not only bring in new taxes. Congress cannot resist new revenue streams. But it would also allow US companies to get into the market and "muscle-out" the foreign-based sites (not that there is anything wrong with the foreign-based sites).

Off the soapbox now.

Enjoy the Pokery Goodness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home