Friday, November 05, 2004

Welcome New Readers

Damn!

I get pimped by Iggy and I don't have any real-money poker content yet! Yes boys and girls, I have been playing with play money - at Party and (gasp!) Yahoo Games.

I have been playing poker there for about 2 and a half months now. I estimate that I have played about 2500 hands and am up and estimated 10BB/100 hands. Yes I know that will change when I go to real money. Yes I know that the play will be (somewhat) better. But I think I am getting some valuable experience. I am learning to fish. And where better than in the fishiest places I can find.

About 90% of what I have been playing has been 5/10 play money limit HE at Party. I really want to get limit down before I go into PL and NL. (Although I may show up at the Grublog Poker Classic later this month. Have you ever known a blogger to turn down Dead Money? Check for details!)

In addition to the playing, I have been reading just about every poker blog in site. So far I have read all of Chris Halverson and Maudie and a couple of others. I am in the middle of reading everything that AlCantHang has on his blog. (I just hope there is still a supply of SoCo left on the Island after he leaves!)

On the book front, I am currently reading Positively Fifth Street by James McManus. Mostly because the Ted Binion murder trial he covers in the book is currently being re-tried. My next book, I think will be Small Stakes Hold'em. I have chosen this mostly on the overwhelming endorsement the blogging community.

Any and all comments or questions are welcome.

More on my Neteller situation later…

Until then... Hold'em, Fold'em, Blog about it!

3 Comments:

At Fri Nov 05, 02:07:00 PM 2004, Blogger Maudie said...

SSHE will be a good investment for when you move to the money tables - which will nothing like playing the play money tables. Use your time at play money tables to hone your discipline. And, yes, it's wise to avoid NL until you get a thorough handle on Limit - lol. Good luck! 8^)

 
At Fri Nov 05, 02:11:00 PM 2004, Blogger Maudie said...

Goodness gracious - must be getting a bit senile, I'm repeating myself aren't I? Oh, well, sound advice bears repeating - I think someone's said that somewhere. Before. And probably several times. 8^)

 
At Tue Nov 09, 08:48:00 PM 2004, Blogger Heafy said...

It's funny, the first online poker I played was at Yahoo games also. Man it sucks, even for a fake money table.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home