Monday, October 16, 2006

Safe Port Act Victim or O, The Humility

More specifically I am a victim of Party Poker's reaction to the Safe Port Act.

I have for some time had a Party account which has been languishing. I am not ashamed to say that my current balance there is $44.10 US Dollars (O, the Humility). With the passage and signing of the SAFE Port Act, Party Poker made it their policy not to let US residents (of which I am one) either play cash games or make deposits.

Since my balance is below the minimum cash out amount at party I would normally be faced with three options. Play a cash game until my balance was over $50, donk off the $44.10 to the fishies, or deposit 50 more dollars, then cash out the $94.10. None of these options is open to me, and I want my money.

Party even says my funds are safe. They also say that their new policy will be in effect "indefinitely". Does this mean Party will keep me away from my money indefinitely?

Currently I have emails out to Party Poker and their Payment System Pay-Pro. I will keep you updated as events unfold.

In the meantime, support the Poker Players Alliance, let your congressmen and congresswomen know how you feel.

Enjoy the Pokery Goodness! (just not at Party)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home