Sunday, September 03, 2006

Updates and Comments

Finally, I am well again. The flu or cold has completed it's course and I am feeling almost human again.

I have played no poker online this past week, but I have been reading about it. It is amazing to me how many poker magazines there are out on the newsstands these days. My favorite articles are tournament coverage and articles that ask pros how they would play either certain cards or in certain conditions. Predictably the pro will say that the way they would play depends on the situation and that there is no one way to play certain cards or situations. The interesting part of the article is seeing how the writer handles this standard answer.

It is good advice. If you are playing the same cards the same way in every situation, you will become very predictable. And if you are predictable, you either be loosing money or not getting as much money from you opponents as possible.

Each hand is it's own situation. But you need to play it considering how you and the rest of the table have been playing.


Comments to the Blog

Please keep the comments you make to this blog in some way related to this blog. If I see a comment that is filled with links, I will delete it. If you comment on how terrible a blogger I am, I will leaved it and probably agree with you.

Enjoy the Pokery Goodness!

1 Comments:

At Mon Sep 04, 06:53:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel - I've been fighting off a huge cold/flu that's lasted for 3 weeks now. I can't concentrate when I'm in this state so I've barely played at all.

I'm finally starting to feel a bit better, and can get back to player poker and making some money.

We don't get many poker mags in the UK - I rarely see more than 2 at the local shop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home