Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Ah, the Life...

of the unemployed!

I spent the morning looking though want ads, and filling out an application online.

I then checked the mail. Lo and behold, there was a magazine in a plain black wrapper. I didn't remember ordering anything that would come packaged that way. So, I opened it up and it was the premiere issue of "Party Life" magazine. Basically it is a big PartyPoker advertisement dressed up to look like a lifestyle magazine. Good for a quick skim.

After that I went onto UltimateBet and played on the play money 5/10 limit tables for an hour and tripled my "buy-in". This was the first time I had played at UB in over a year. The interface was much faster and easier to use than I remembered.

Then Mrs. _one took me out to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant in Martinsburg. She was driving so I indulged in a classic Margarita (on the rocks - not the Slurpee with alcohol kind).

Well, at some point I will have a job, but for now it is kind of nice to take it easy. If you know of any IT-type jobs in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, let me know.

In the meantime - Enjoy the Pokery Goodness!

1 Comments:

At Mon Aug 07, 03:08:00 PM 2006, Blogger Progressive Pinhead said...

Good luck in your hunt for work! Check your adsense account.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home