Monday, December 04, 2006

Funeral: Not my own

My family and I will be leaving in the morning to attend the funeral of my wife's Grandmother. She has been in stage 5 kidney failure for over a year. This past Saturday, Grandma Mildred decided she had had enough of dialysis and stopped treatment.

I did not know her as well as I wanted to. (Do we every know anyone as well as we want to?) But I do know she was a kind, giving, loving person. My wife is who she is today because of her. Growing up, my wife spent almost as much time at Grandma's house as she did at home. This was in the days before childcare, pre-school, and before-and-after-school care.

Words come hard to me sometimes, and I want to say this in a way that has some impact. Love your family and friends as much as you can now. Cherish them. Spend time with them. Sometimes you get caught up in life and you forget what is important - People not things.

1 Comments:

At Wed Dec 06, 08:29:00 PM 2006, Blogger Ignatious said...

my condolences for you and your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home