Tuesday, December 21, 2004

I Should Be Playing Right Now!

Guess what? You stumbled across one of the few poker blog posts that has no WPBT Holiday reports/results/regurgitations.

Hi, my name is mortal_one and I have not played online poker in a week. (All: Hi, mortal_one.) So what have I been doing you might ask? I really wish you wouldn't. OK, here goes.

If you have been reading regularly (or as regularly as I post) you will know that my car broke down on me a few weeks ago. During the time it took to get my car fixed, I was getting up earlier (5:30am), getting the little _ones ready for daycare, driving kids to daycare, driving Mrs. _one to the school where she teaches, then taking her car to work - another 1 and a half away. Then I would work til 4:00, drive until 6 to 6:30 depending on bad rush evening (too long for rush hour) traffic and pick up the kids before daycare went into overtime (and penalty charges). Once I had the kids secured, we would go pick up Mrs. _one and be home about 7:30 to 8:00. This makes for a long day for all of us.

Well we got my car fixed and wouldn't you know it, the brakes on my wife's car are almost gone. Needs the master cylinder replaced. Well it being Christmas-time and all, the budget at the _one's home is tight. So for the next week or so, we are following the same schedule this time with my car.

Add this to the fact that I am trying desperately to catch up on my "important reading" (why do so many bloggers think they have to report on the same tournament? ;-} ) and this is one tired mortal_one.


I used to work in a bookstore (and eventually managed it) for 7 and a half years. I grew to hate Christmas. It was the customers. Not the regular book customers we would get throughout the year. No, these were the super-nasty, illiterate, inconsiderate, moron customers. You would not think so, but more than once I had to restrain either an employee or a customer when things got out of hand.

I am now 8 years past the bookstore. And I am growing to love Christmas again. I know the reason is my 4 year old and my 2 year old. They have been learning carols in daycare/preschool and it is so cute to hear them mangle the words. I am a much more happy person than I was 8 years ago.

Oh, well maybe sometime in the next week I will get to play some more online. Until then, hug your kids (if you got 'em), your spouse (if you have one of those), your significant other, your family, and friends. And save one hug for yourself. You know you need one.

Yeah, I know the paragraph above is sappy. After you have finished throwing up, clean yourself and start with the hugs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home