Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Weekend Aftermath

I am one tired mortal_. This past Friday, my car broke down on the way home during my 2 hour commute. I did not get home until after 9 PM. Did I mention in a previous post that this was one of our traveling weekends? (My wife has a monthly curriculum committee meeting.) We did not leave the house until 10:30. Got to my parents at 2AM. Kids did not get back to sleep until 3 AM. Woke up at 6:30 AM to drive wife to meeting. Back at my parents house an hour later. Caught another couple of hours. I am still sleep deprived.

The meeting was held at the Stonewall Jackson Resort at Stonewall Jackson Lake State Park. (AlCantHang - this is only about 2 hours from where you stayed at Rocky Gap.) Lots of things to do there - boating, fishing, golfing, camping, hiking, hunting. I did none of those things. I still had a great time.

I still haven't caught up on my "important reading". Although I did make a dent. Hopefully I will get caught up after posting this tonight. Either that, or if I feel rested enough, I may have my long awaited second session of online poker for real money.

I just wish I had gotten into poker a year ago so that I would have my poker bankroll and knowledge built up enough to head to Vegas for the Dec. 11th WPBT at Sam's. Sounds like it will be gallons of fun. I can't wait until the write-ups start appearing.

4 Comments:

At Wed Dec 08, 02:53:00 PM 2004, Blogger AlCantHang said...

Bankroll would be a plus for this trip but obviously poker knowledge is not my strong suit :)

Get 'em drunk early and watch 'em pass out at the table.

 
At Wed Dec 08, 11:20:00 PM 2004, Blogger Bmetz said...

Nevermind the utter hell you went through this weekend...why on earth do you have a 2 hour commute?!

I thought my 45 minute commute was rough ;)

So where are you playing your online poker at anyway?

 
At Thu Dec 09, 12:30:00 AM 2004, Blogger mortal_one said...

Al: That strategy will only get you to the final table. After that you will have to think of something else! Go Al!

Bmetz: 2 hour commute? I live about 90 mile from work and it takes 2 hours. I used to live 22 mile away and it took me an hour. My average speed is higher now. Plus it is a lot closer to Mrs. One's work. And houses and property is cheap compared to closer to my work.

 
At Tue Dec 21, 06:48:00 PM 2004, Blogger Pauly said...

Nice! Glad I'm considered important reading!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home