Saturday, January 22, 2005

Iggy is right!

Blogging is much easier with a belly full of Guinness!

This past week I had my second session. It went from good to eh to horrible. I went to party and ordered up a .5/1 limit Table.

The first half hour I was playing good and tight. I had a pretty good read on the players. I was getting so-so cards. At the end of the first half hour I am up 10BB.

The second half hour, I stupidly thought "this is easy", loosened up and was down by 5BB.

Now here is where it gets bad and horrible. It is now 1:30 in the morning, I have to get up at 6:00, I am tired, and I think "If I can just catch the flop right, I can get back up." Uh huh!
I proceded over the next hour to bleed away all my 30BB buyin. I was not choosing my starting cards correctly. I was betting with second or third pair (sometimes a pocket underpair) with no flush or straight draw possibilities. In other words I was Super fish man! I never caught any decent cards.

This is the reason why I try to limit my sessions to an hour, maybe an hour and a half if I am not tired. As tired as I was, I should have quit after the first half an hour. In the future I will do just that until I am used to playing and can find a better time of the day to play.

Card selection was another problem. I was trying to get the cards to do what I wanted. Big mistake. You have to let the cards do their thing and make the correct choices based on cards, players, position, etc.

Hey, I am still new to this game.

I played again earlier this evening. I was down 2BB after the first half an hour and got tired. I left the table. (It has been a long hard week.) I think I played decently. Got Big Slick once. (My first time on real money tables.) I laid it down when the flop showed TTx and non of them my suit.

Should I play in the WPBT, Feb 2 at PokerStars? At this point probably not. I may come out an rubber neck incognito.


1 Comments:

At Sat Jan 22, 11:48:00 PM 2005, Blogger April said...

Of course you should play! The more the merrier!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home